You Know You're Being Ripped Off When...

A lot of shops and market stands on the street here sell things that we know are not really Abercrombie, American Eagle, Aeropostale, or whatever the tag may say. Some of my friends may remember my pair of "Chuck Laylors"? ;) But the people here don't really care a whole lot about name brands, so it doesn't matter much. This one shirt in particular just made me laugh, so I wanted to share... One way to tell when you're being ripped off? If it says "Hollister and Fitch"... :)
But after the market place we were able to get all of our furniture ordered. When we got back to the church/school compound we're living in, we realized we didn't have the key to open the big gate to get everything through. The only door that opened to it was a little door to walk through. The first thing to come through was matresses. We figured, correctly, that it would be ok for them to fit. The next thing was the couch... not so simple, we thought. When the truck arrived with them, we realized that God had totally been guiding us to pick the one we did: one with a really low back. Guess what fit just fine? :) Last came a refrigerator, which was probably the most difficult, but since I had fallen asleep on the new matresses I can only go by other people's accounts lol. Apparently, we had chosen correctly on the less wide one, too.
We're at the hotel again right now, we're hoping to get the beds in to our place tonight and be able to move in tomorrow. Mom and dad have "jugo de pina", I have some rasberry tea, and Nathan has an ice cream sandwich... No classes tonight, so we should just be busy getting groceries and moving the beds in.
More to be posted later!
Su amiga,
Ruth Erin

posted under , , , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments