Rain, Rain...

Yesterday I said we were planning on moving the beds in and doing grocery shopping. God had other plans! While I was typing, it started pouring rain. Like, seriously pouring. Thunder and lightening like crazy, too. Torrential downpours, as Mom called it, are not good for walking the market or moving furniture in trucks. We instead had a fun night consisting of travel Scrabble over dinner, and a movie on the laptop in the room. :)

Today was not any more dry than yesterday. It started out alright, we went to worship servicce and saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen since... 5th grade? I felt bad that I couldn't speak as much to them as I wanted to. I'm really looking forward to Spanish lessons!
When we got back to the hotel from lunch, the plan was for Romeo and Mauricio to come with a truck to get our luggage and the beds/wardrobes. When we planned this, it was hot and sunny. An hour or so later, before he was supposed to come, guess what started again? More torrential downpour. He showed up anyway, and with help from some plastic tarps we were able to get the luggage there. Dad, Nathan, and the guys went to go get the furniture. The bunk beds came in ok, despite the rain.
The wardrobes started to. Now, these arent' just little wardrobes. They are for the orphanage once it's open, but we are using them till then. Seven feet high, 5 feet wide, and 2 feet back. They made it through the door, but there was just no possible way to fit them into the bedrooms...
They plan on coming back tomorrow afternoon and possibly cutting them down some to fit.
After they left we headed to Reina's house/tienda for pupusas... :D
They were so amazing! The least amazing part of the day was the rainy walk home, though. It actually made it cold. When we got back to the hotel, I wrapped up in a blanket and hung out in the hammock for a while. We went to the hotel restaurant and got to see Isabel, back from her break. I got some vanilla tea stuff, and it was wonderful. It warmed me up, too lol. Nathan and I relearned how to play hearts with the fam during that. We're all back in the room now, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night when we can sleep in our own place!

By the way, this is the view out one of our windows... and this is on a cloudy day, you should see when it's clear! :)
More to be posted later!
Su amiga,
Ruth Erin

posted under , , |

1 comments:

tino said...

I know you don't remember me, but your mom and I did things together when you were little. Thanks for the posts. Keep it up. I love reading them.
Angela Lewis

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments