Weather Forecast?

Sorry, I didn't get around to posting last night.
Weather forecast for La Palma as given by Selina Thornton and I: "Rainy with a chance of Rain" or "Torrential downpour-y with no chance of stopping". :)
Every afternoon, sometime around 2 it starts to rain. Within 10 minutes of that it starts to pour. Yesterday, It was so loud you could hardly hear yourself think! I had to yell just to talk to my family when we were inside. Which is difficult, because I got a really sore throat yesterday morning, and it hurts to talk. :P
We went out shopping again yesterday morning and got our Tigo cell phones that work here, mostly for calling each other to make sure of where we are. Then Dad and Nathan went on home after lunch. Mom took me shopping to get paper clips and string. I figure that if I'm going to be away from everyone, why not at least have their pictures up in my room? I have tons of pictures that I packed into my carry on, and I used paperclips to put them onto strings and hung the strings on my walls. I don't have much blank wall left on my half of the room, and I like it :).
The rest of the day was spent inside because of the rain. It started lightly raining at 2:10, and by 2:15 it was pouring. Imagine my shock. Mom and I had just reached the church campus area about then and made it inside just before it started. Mom has a couple of ladies from the church coming over today for cooking. Not sure what else is on the agenda yet...
More to be posted later!
su amiga,
Ruth Erin

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments