New Years! (... ish.)

One of my new year's resolutions: Blog better. More frequently, less sporadically.

That being said, I'm not going to bore you with a post that drags on forever to recap the past month (longer, I guess) that I haven't blogged about.
Jesus (the preacher in San Ignacio, calm down, people.) has been working with us, and we've started a couple new ministries for the new year. On Tuesdays, we will be making visits throughout San Ignacio to the members and visitors from the church there. We got to do that with my grandparents last week while they were visiting, which was a great experience for all of us.

^^^ Tell me, how many of you have been in a Bible study with a pet goat? ;)



Another ministry we'll be doing with him this year is in Chuntrun. You may have read some of my past posts about Chuntrun, the little "village", if you can even call it that, up in the mountains. I have had the opportunity to visit the school there twice. But in regards to the people's homes there, I've only seen them through the trees from far away. I've wanted to visit the sisters there, it's just a matter of the right time and transportation. This year, though, we will be visiting a house there once a week for a Bible study! I'm really excited about this chance. The first visit for us took place last week, as well.
Natividad and Maria's house is where it took place, and it was an amazing experience. They have no electricity in their home, no running water, not even an out-house or anything. (Just don't even ask how I found that out.) They live very close to the river; you may remember the pictures of the swinging bridge you have to cross to get to the school. There are also several natural springs very close to their house, and they have hoses that carry the water from the springs to their yard. Maria said that they always have water, every time of year.

^^^ This is me with a couple of the Chuntrun kids near the springs.

The Bible study was really good, Jesus did a great job. I'm looking forward to more of this ministry this year. :)

Along with these, we found out today about a super exciting new opportunity we'll be taking part in soon, which I hope to post about tomorrow. Lots of new things this year! So, very late, I'd like to wish all of you a blessed new year.

More to be posted VERY soon, hopefully!

Su amiga,

Erin :)

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments