My Little Mess

I told you that I'd keep up my blog better this year. So, here's a quick little update. :)
My new sisters, Chana(Roxana Elizabeth) and Mita(Ruth Noemi), have been sick for over a week now and can't make it here today as was originally planned. They will be coming to school tomorrow and Friday, but only for school. They'll start staying nights with us on next Monday. I'm excited to get to know them!
There's been a lot of furniture moving and stuff going on. What was Dad's office is going to be their room, and we've got a set of bunk beds, one of the wardrobes, and some various shelf space and desk-chairs. We also had to purchase some new shelves and clothing storage for Mom and Dad, since what was theirs stayed in the room. We've put up a new shower curtain thing, too. Ought to be interesting since the girls don't even have running water...

Anyway, we had a pretty busy night yesterday with a lot of people visiting and lots of things happening at once; including a leaky pipe, the furniture delivery truck, connection issues with the institute's online classes, visits from a couple families, several important phone calls at once(Seriously, I saw Mom on the cell phone and the home line at the same time. In Spanish? That's some mad skills right there.), you know- just the usual. All in the time span of about 15 minutes.
Isn't it comforting to have a God we can depend on through everything like that?
As I was typing this, Francesca Battistelli's newest song "The Stuff" came on my online radio station. Click Here to listen to it. She starts off mentioning some of those little every day things that really start to get to us; losing keys or phones, speeding tickets, ya know. But I really like her lyrics in the chorus:

"In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed.
This is the stuff that gets under my skin, but I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing...
So break me of impatience, conquer my frustrations, I've got a new appreciation, it's not the end of the world...
It might not be what I would choose, but this is the stuff You use."


In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I really am blessed.
More to be posted soon :)
Love,
Erin :)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments