Visitors :)

In our living room are a bunch of sewing machines used for teaching sewing classes. The sewing machines were mostly donated by people in the States. One of them is an old one that isn't electric. The kind that uses a treadle base. At first, we wondered what we would do with it because we don't have the treadle base or anything. Today, we found out what God had planned long ago. There's a family with four children; Ana is 12, Jonathan is 9, Ezekiel is 7, and Sarai is 3. Ezekiel has leukemia. They live in a house with no electricity, maybe one window, you get the idea. His mother has to take him to San Salvador every other day for treatment. Last year, her house was broken into. She had a treadle base sewing machine. The sewing machine was stolen, but they left the base. Today, she came over, and we were able to provide her with a sewing machine that works with it. She was so excited!


You know, God really knows what He's doing. Why don't we remember that more often?

While Mom and Jose and her were working on it, Nathan and I were going to hang out with her kids. They are soooo sweet.

Jonathan at one point asked me what my name was, in slightly broken English, and he liked showing me what English he knew. So, we got out an English/Spanish matching card game, and he loved it. His favorite new word to learn was "chicken". :) It was a lot of fun.



They were all so sweet, and their mother kept saying how she had been blessed by God. Anyone else think there's a lesson there? This woman, who has no electricity in her home, and whose child has leukemia, lives her life content with what God has blessed her with. It kinda makes me cry. We were blessed by their visit today. Please, please, keep them in your prayers. More to be posted later!
su amiga,
Erin <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments