Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy (late) Thanksgiving! And happy Black Friday!
Being here makes me a little more aware of all the things we really do have to be thankful for.
For real. Electricity? Hot water? Or even running water, period, however sporadic it may seem to be on and off. And that's just the material stuff. But, regardless of how cliche it sounds, family and friends are the most important. Seriously, what would we do without them?? :)

I don't have a whole lot to post about, hence the fact that it's been a really long time since my last post. Well, that and the fact that I've been pretty crammed with school work lately... But, I have been having a lot of people ask how we celebrate Thanksgiving here, so here you go!
El Salvador doesn't celebrate it. At all. It's just a normal November Thursday to people here. That answers that, right? Okay, now to what most people actually asked me about.
Food.



No, we don't have turkey here. We had chicken. There are no pumpkins to be found in the entire country. Which was really disappointing to Nathan, who loves his pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. We did, though, have broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, hand-mashed potatoes, and rolls. All of which was completely homemade, and tasted delicious. I also helped Mom make cinnamon rolls Wednesday night, which was a ton of fun. Plus, they were amazing. Like, super amazing.
If you don't follow me on Facebook, then you also probably don't know that we took a mini-vacation to celebrate Dad's birthday in San Salvador last weekend! After the really long week and stress I posted about last time, it was an amazing time to get away and relax. We sat out by the pool, had great food, saw the new Harry Potter movie (which was great, bee-tee-dub.), and Mom and I even got to listen to live jazz music Thursday night. We sat out under the palm trees with hot tea and just chilled for a while, and then we all watched a movie in the room, and just had a great time all together.



More to be posted soon!
Su amiga,
Erin

PS: Blogspot has made some changes, so my followers have been changed! :O Now you can follow through Google Friend Connect, over on the side, though! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments