Meeka!

*Smack* "Meeka!" *giggle and run away* Then repeat. Over and over and over. This has been what Nathan and I do every time there are kids out in the compound. "Erin!" I come over, thinking that they genuinely want to talk to me. "Su hermanito?" My little brother? Oh, I get it. Haha, so Nathan and I go play meeka with them. It's tag in Spanish. :)
So Saturday was fun. We get up and we're going to go out shopping. When we go outside, Reina and Amanda are at the compound to see what time Amanda can come over and play on the playground with me! :) So she ends up going shopping with us, and when we come home she and Nathan and I head out to the playground. She starts of by showing us where to stand and mostly using motions when I can only understand every other word. Basically, it was like playing monkey in the middle with Nate's plastic ball. After a while, that got old. Especially since I'm taller than both of them and was having a much easier time than they were ;). So we went out in the compound area to try futball! But first we needed goals... Nathan gets a couple big rocks for his, and then Amanda and I team up against him and use the area between two trashcans for ours. Once she and I were beating him 4-2, he decided the teams weren't fair. He hollers in throught the window and asks if Dad will come play, and he says yes. Amanda obviously couldn't understand, so she asked me to translate what he asked. When I explained, her eyes got so big... Monte is too big! It's not going to be fair! She thought it was pretty funny. But we had a good time, and I think it was about tied when we had to go in for lunch.
Later that afternoon I got to go to the market with Mom and Teresa. More one dollar calla lilies, anyone? :) And when we got home, I got to go learn some Spanish from the English class. That was the most interesting English class I'm pretty sure I've ever been in... Limes, muchachos or muchachas, and some more meeka... Yeah, that was fun :)
And of course we ended the day with a movie night. Same as how we ended yesterday. Yesterday afternoon was the teen girls class that Mom and Teresa taught, that was pretty fun. Nathan came outside and played meeka with us for, like, half an hour afterwards. And then we all went to Reina's for pupusas. We ended today with a movie night, too. And I think I'm actually going to end tonight and go to bed soon...
More to be posted later!
su amiga,
Ruth Erin

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments