Happy Anniversary!

Happy 18th anniversary, Mom and Dad! :D I love this picture I took of them on their way to their anniversary dinner last night. They took a moto taxi because of Daddy's leg to the restaurant at the hotel and were served a great dinner with candles and flowers and the whole deal. Nathan and I hung out at the house with Teresa till they got back.
Today was their actual anniversary though. We went to church like normal this morning. Towards the end of the sermon, though the preacher had to stop preaching because it was just impossible to hear over the rain. He was yelling and using hand motions, we still had no chance of understanding him. I got a video of it, but for some reason we haven't been able to upload any videos anywhere since we moved here.
Everyone knows that not having Dr. Pepper hasn't been the greatest experience for me. When we first got here, we found four cans in San Salvador and brought them back here for a special occasion. Since today was their 18th anniversary, we considered that the special occasion and got to have Dr. Pepper with lunch! :D Happiness in carbonated form. No joke.
We also had an amazing cake from Lilian's! Almost all cakes here are covered with some kind if not a whole bunch of kinds of fruit. It was delicious, though.
Mom and Teresa did the teen girls class again today, and we did skits of the story of Adam and Eve.
After class we went on to our weekly tradition of Sunday night pupusas at Reina's, which she has informed us we are invited for every Sunday for the whole year we are here. I got this adorable picture at Vanessa and Victoria's house on the way... I love these little girls. Victoria is the one on my lap, and she is Vanessa's aunt. The man in the doorway just adds character to the whole picture :)
Well we just finished our movie with Teresa, and I'm going to go to bed now, it has been a long and great weekend. Dad's leg is looking better, it still hurts, but he's taking his medicine and doing everything the doctors told him. In case I don't post tomorrow, a happy birthday to Tori Andro! :D
More to be posted later!
su amiga,
Ruth Erin

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
This place? This is my blog! I'm Erin, or you may know me as Ruth. I'm spending this year living in La Palma, El Salvador with my family working with the church, and I'm pretty pumped about seeing some awesome stuff happen through our amazing God. Here, you can read about some of that awesome stuff, catch up with my family news (There's a link to the rest of the fam's blogs above!), or just see what I've been up to lately. Thanks for checking it out! :)



Recent Comments